Welcome to the Secure Instant Messenger and Phone
Simphone is a new peer-to-peer application, which allows you to communicate with anyone else who uses Simphone.
Why should you use Simphone?
- it supports secure audio calls and encrypted chat, file transfer is currently being implemented;
- 256-bit cryptographic security: no third parties can read your communications over the Internet;
- zero-configuration and portable: no need to install or configure anything, just run it;
- completely decentralized: you do not register anywhere and do not depend on any company;
- fully open-source (LGPL) without any backdoors or advertisements;
- written entirely in C and C++, which makes it reasonably fast and small;
- stable and reliable: the GUI is simple and familiar, striving to provide a commercial level of quality.
Simphone also offers the following optional features:
- can be hidden from your desktop if so desired (stealth mode);
- can work together with the TOR network to anonymize your IP address;
- or it can work together with dynDNS (including OpenNIC support).
Obtain Simphone at the DOWNLOADS page and take your communication security into your own hands.
If you are a developer, technically-minded or simply curious, please also check out our documentation page.
Questions or comments? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org